The 20 Most Simple Steps You Can Take To Live A Healthier And Happier Expat Lifestyle
Transform your lifestyle by creating habits that bring you better health and happiness.
- Add local whole foods into your diet; Tip: choose what is in season for the most nutritious option
- Start each day with your intentions Answer these questions to get you started; How do I want to feel today?What can I do today to live out the expat life I desire/dreamed of?
- Visit local farmers markets; My Dubai favourite is Greenheart Organic Farms
- Love where you live; Tip: transform your home into your haven, even if you only plan to stay 2 years!
- Eat away from your desk: Choosing mindful eating will help you eat slower, eat less and enjoy the food you are eating
- Bring back your pre-expat favourite hobby
- Dine out at healthier café/restaurants; One of my Dubai favourites is the Cycle Bistro
- Experience things that you couldn’t do at home
- Enjoy the outdoors and get some fresh air
- Become part of the expat community; Enter a sporting event, attend a workshop, join a club…
- Make healthy snack choices for travelling and late nights; My go-to easy favourite is sliced carrot dipped in natural peanut butter
- Start a new hobby; Especially one that you have always dreamed of doing while you’re an expat
- Drink (sip) plenty of water throughout the day
- Keep in contact with family and friends back home
- Re-create your favourite comfort foods using whole foods
- Start each day with gratitude
- Start Friday brunch with a salad
- Be adventurous
- Always choose the most nourishing foods available to you
- Find your ‘workout or sport’ and make exercise a fun part of your weekly routine
Small consistent steps will get you to where you want to be, no matter what your goal is; losing weight, to feel happier, to slow down your routine, or to exercise more. Adding in healthy habits into your daily routine is always a step in the right direction to achieving your goals.
Choose 2 of the healthy habits from the list above (or create your own!) to start your own lifestyle transformation today.
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ~Jim Ryun