The 20 Most Simple Steps You Can Take To Increase Your Accountability
Reaching ultimate success comes down to the systems you put in place to help you stay focused and accountable for your choices and actions. Use these simple proven steps to increase your productivity, motivation and life-satisfaction in the pursuit of your goals.
- Get clear on your vision, what does life look like to achieve your goal?
- Write down the goals you want to achieve in 1 year, 6 months, 3 months, 1 month.
- Create an action plan with deadlines.
- Set yourself rewards for achieving your milestones (don’t save all the fun and treats for the end of the process!)
- Share your goals with someone who believes in what you want to achieve.
- Talk through your action plan with someone. Talking about your plan of action out loud will help you identify any missed steps.
- Focus on one step at a time.
- Join a group or network of people who are on a similar journey to you.
- Identify the lifestyle changes needed in order to achieve your goal.
- Get yourself a coach. Why go through the process mediocre? Increase the value of your goal by investing in yourself, coaches aren’t not limited only to the elite!
- See each new goal as a new learning opportunity – change what you read, the blogs you subscribe to, the classes and workshops you attend to all be in-line with your goal.
- Reflect on how well you behaved in line with achieving your goal each day.
- Evaluate how you can be better tomorrow.
- Create more time in your day to focus on your goal, this might mean you spend less time going for catch-up coffees, even watch less TV or get support such as hiring a cleaner or nanny.
- Track your progress by using accountability charts, every day you accomplish a step/milestone you can check it off.
- Set up an Instagram account specifically to share your journey, milestone and achievements during the process of achieving your goal.
- Get yourself an accountability partner, it can be a family member, friend or friend of friend or even someone from your support network. Having a buddy to report to keeps motivation high.
- Tap into your spirituality and believe in the process. A simple way to start is to spend 5 minutes meditating each morning.
- Feed your body with nutrient rich foods that support you in achieving your goal and always drink a minimum of 2 liters of water a day – you will feel great for it.
- Get enough sleep. Restoration is essential for you to maintain long-term accountability towards any type of goal.
Small consistent steps will get you to where you want to be, no matter what your goal is; losing weight, to feel happier, to slow down your routine, or to exercise more. Adding in accountability to your daily routine is a great way to start creating the change needed to achieve your goal.
Choose 2 of the accountability steps from the list above to start upgrading your lifestyle today.
These individuals invested in themselves and upgraded their accountability by working with a coach, learn more about their successes here:
Share your story by emailing Heidi directly to email@example.com
“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.” ~Jim Ryun
Heidi is the coach for the ‘ordinary’ individuals who have the aspiration to transform their lifestyle from ‘ordinary’ to extraordinary.
Her health coaching methods are underpinned with research and focus on implementing preventative strategies for achieving and maintaining good health in all areas of life. She empowers her clients to take action and upgrade their behaviours and always strives for high performance and achieving quality results.