Declare Your Intentions
It is easy to get caught up with the motions of day-to-day life and to find excuses for not doing what we set out to do at the start of the year. By checking in with your intentions, you will be able to identify the changes needed to keep you on track of accomplishing what you set out to do.
June is the half-way point of the year and a great opportunity to stop, reflect and check-in with your intentions for your 2017.
Have your intentions changed?
Are your goals still relevant?
Grab your notebook and write it out, you become much more clear and committed when you do!
3 steps to declaring your intentions
1. Evaluate your current situation, and outline your intentions
Choose one of the health topics to get started; health, relationships, career, spirituality, joy.
Evaluate. Get started here:
- Which areas of your life would you most like to change for the better?
- How do you feel?
- What is your definition of health & happiness?
- Are you satisfied with your current relationships?
- How would you feel if things were different?
- Are you using your strengths to their best use?
- Are you using your skill set, while also developing new ones?
- Are you just going through the motions?
- Are you excited to get out of bed in the morning?
- How would you feel if things were different? I would only do work that leaves a positive impact and is inline with my values.
- How do you feel? Mostly stressed and tired.
Outline. Get started here:
For each of the answered questions above write down what you would like to be different.
- How do you want to feel?
- What does …. look like to you?
- What is your most important factor to achieving… (joy, good health…)
- Write down one way… could help you.
- Write down your ideal day…
- What is your most important factor to achieving joy? To live inline with my values. My values – Freedom, love, integrity
- How do you want to feel? Energised and calm.
2. Set goals to fulfil your intentions outlined
Write down one small action step to work towards your identified health goal.
- Goal: to only work on projects that are inline with my values. Action: For my next project, check that it is an opportunity to live inline with my values.
- Goal: to wake up feeling refreshed and focused for the day ahead. Action: to wake up each morning and meditate for 10 minutes.
3. Declare your intentions
Whether you say them to a friend, a family member, support network or to yourself in the mirror, voicing your intentions out loud will help you fulfil them.
- No matter what I do, say, work on or spend time on, my intention comes from a place of love.
- My intention is to start each day with a positive mindset.
Recognise any conflicting intentions, and decide which ones will work for you and bring you closer to your healthiest and happiest self.
It’s ok if your intentions change, but having a starting point and actionable steps on how to create the life you want, it’s much easier to adapt and make changes during the process.
Lululemon Middle East are running a campaign throughout Ramadan to support you to live out your intentions.
Visit one of the stores and declare your intention by writing it out on an ambassador card. Savour your energy (and best self) and only pursue goals that make you feel completely alive and nourished!
A health coach supports you in identifying and overcoming the obstacles that are holding you back to living your healthiest and happiest lifestyle. If you would like to know more about the health coaching program or in need of an accountability partner, get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org